While avocados have a pretty bad reputation for being fatty, the truth is that the fats are healthy and the flesh is loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and full-body benefits. From the scalp of your hair, all the way to the feet, avocados and avocado oil are beneficial, and even the seeds are edible! Most people dispose of the avocado seeds, throw them in the compost, or add them to guacamole to keep it fresh. However, these seeds have a robust nutritional profile packed with more antioxidants that the flesh itself.
The Seed of HealthMany people are unaware of the fact that avocado seed has more antioxidants than most fruits and veggies. As a matter of fact, it has even higher antioxidant content than most healing teas! Not only avocado seeds yield massive amounts of antioxidants, but they also give you more soluble fiber than any other food or beverage! Avocado seeds contain antioxidant-dense oil that lowers high cholesterol and helps prevent heart disease and stroke. Regular consumption of avocado seeds helps reduce inflammatory diseases in the body, particularly when it comes to relieving swelling in the gastrointestinal tract. Apart from aiding the GI tract, these seeds also help alleviate constipation and diarrhea. The phenolic compounds in avocado seeds are beneficial for soothing gastric ulcers, while their antiviral and antibacterial properties make them an effective preventative measure against ulcers along the lining of the digestive system.
Why You Should Eat Avocado Seeds
1. Kills Cancer CellsUp to 70 percent of the antioxidants in avocados are found in the seeds. The seeds contain a potent antioxidant called flavonol, which helps prevent and inhibit tumor growth. According to a 2013 study published in Pharmaceutical Biology, avocado extract from the flesh caused apoptosis of leukemia cancer cells. Another study published in the journal Cancer Research found that Avocatin B, a compound found in avocado seed extract, protects against human acute myeloid leukemia cells.
2. Strengthens The Immune SystemAvocado seeds contain catechins and procyanidins, both of which have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce joint pain, swelling, stiffness, and diseases. Avocatin B, the flavonol as mentioned earlier, found in avocado boosts immunity and keeps cold and flu at bay.
3. Heals Digestive IssuesAvocado seeds have been long used to treat GI-related issues, such as constipation, diarrhea, and gastric ulcers. As already discussed earlier, avocado seeds contain more soluble fiber than any other food.
4. Protects Heart HealthAvocados are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and due to their fiber and amino acid content the seeds help lower cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular issues. “This soluble fiber binds to the fat and excess cholesterol. Then we can lower cholesterol and improve heart function naturally. Soluble fiber is tough to get in our diet. Oatmeal has some, but it cannot compare with the avocado seed,” Dr. Tom Wu says.
5. Live Longer, Feel BetterComponents in the avocado seeds can reduce bone disease, aches, pains, and joint discomfort, which helps you feel younger. Antioxidant content combats free radicals that cause premature aging and illness. What makes avocados effective in slowing down the aging process is their ability to synthesize collagen. Ultimately, avocado seeds lower blood sugar levels and thus help you maintain your weight within the healthy range. Its high content of healthy fats will keep you full for longer, which means that you will not be indulging in snacks all day.
How To Prepare Your Avocado Seeds
- Keep the seeds the next time you eat an avocado, wash them, pat dry, and then bake in the oven or dehydrator until the outer skin of the seed cracks – approx. 2 hours at 250°F (120°C).
- Discard the outer skin.
- The seeds will now be soft enough that you can use a knife to cut it into smaller pieces.
- Cut the seeds into smaller pieces, put them in a blender, and blend until powdered.
How To Use Your Avocado Seeds PowderThere are many ways you can use your avocado seeds powder. You just need to be creative. Sprinkle the powder into your juices, smoothies, oatmeals, soups, salads and in just about any meals. Or simply put half a teaspoon of the powder into a cup, pour hot water and make a tea infusion. Let steep for about 10 minutes. Avocado seed powder is like your own super-healthy supplement powder. So next time you eat avocados, remember to save the seeds! Sources: Spagnuolo Research NHS choices Juicing For Health Source: https://www.ibelieveinmothernature.com/my-cures/avocado-seeds/
( I am definitely going to try this !! /dt )
John D. Rockefeller (1839 – 1937) who was an oil magnate, a robber baron, America’s first billionaire, and a natural-born monopolist. By the turn on the 20th century, he controlled 90% of all oil refineries in the U.S. through his oil company, Standard Oil, which was later on broken up to become Chevron, Exxon, Mobil etc. World Affairs reports: At the same time, around 1900, scientists discovered “petrochemicals” and the ability to create all kinds of chemicals from oil. For example, the first plastic — called Bakelite — was made from oil in 1907. Scientists were discovering various vitamins and guessed that many pharmaceutical drugs could be made from oil. This was a wonderful opportunity for Rockefeller who saw the ability to monopolize the oil, chemical and the medical industries at the same time! The best thing about petrochemicals was that everything could be patented and sold for high profits. But there was one problem with Rockefeller’s plan for the medical industry: natural/herbal medicines were very popular in America at that time. Almost half the doctors and medical colleges in the U.S. were practicing holistic medicine, using knowledge from Europe and Native Americans. Rockefeller, the monopolist, had to figure out a way to get rid of his biggest competition. So he used the classic strategy of “problem-reaction-solution.” That is, create a problem and scare people, and then offer a (pre-planned) solution. (Similar to terrorism scare, followed by the “Patriot Act”). He went to his buddy Andrew Carnegie – another plutocrat who made his money from monopolizing the steel industry – who devised a scheme. From the prestigious Carnegie Foundation, they sent a man named Abraham Flexner to travel around the country and report on the status of medical colleges and hospitals around the country. This led to the Flexner Report, which gave birth to the modern medicine as we know it. Needless to say, the report talked about the need for revamping and centralizing our medical institutions. Based on this report, more than half of all medical colleges were soon closed. Homeopathy and natural medicines were mocked and demonized; and doctors were even jailed. To help with the transition and change the minds of other doctors and scientists, Rockefeller gave more than $100 million to colleges, hospitals and founded a philanthropic front group called “General Education Board” (GEB). This is the classic carrot and stick approach. In a very short time, medical colleges were all streamlined and homogenized. All the students were learning the same thing, and medicine was all about using patented drugs. Scientists received huge grants to study how plants cured diseases, but their goal was to first identify which chemicals in the plant were effective, and then recreate a similar chemical – but not identical – in the lab that could be patented. A pill for an ill became the mantra for modern medicine. And you thought Koch brothers were evil? So, now we are, 100 years later, churning out doctors who know nothing about the benefits of nutrition or herbs or any holistic practices. We have an entire society that is enslaved to corporations for its well-being. America spends 15% of its GDP on healthcare, which should be really called “sick care.” It is focused not on cure, but only on symptoms, thus creating repeat customers. There is no cure for cancer, diabetes, autism, asthma, or even flu. Why would there be real cures? This is a system founded by oligarchs and plutocrats, not by doctors. As for cancer, oh yeah, the American Cancer Society was founded by none other than Rockefeller in 1913. In this month of breast cancer awareness, it is sad to see people being brainwashed about chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. That’s for another blog post … but here is a quote from John D. Rockefeller that summarizes his New World Order vision for America… Source: http://yournewswire.com/rockefeller-big-pharma-natural-cures/Western medicine has some good points, and is great in an emergency, but it’s high time people realized that today’s mainstream medicine (western medicine or allopathy), with its focus on drugs, drugs, radiation, drugs, surgery, drugs and more drugs, is at its foundation a money spinning Rockefeller creation. People these days look at you like a weirdo if you talk about the healing properties of plants or any other holistic practices. Much like anything else, politics and money have been used to warp people’s minds and encourage them to embrace what is bad for them. It all began with